More than 375 California appraisers registered for the AB 5 webinar. I’ll be hosting my next video webinar for appraisers on January 31, 2020 (at 9:30 a.m. Pacific) – it’s the “California Legal Update just for Appraisers!”
In this free webinar, I’ll cover:
- Four new 2020 laws relevant to California appraisers and appraisal firms, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (don’t worry – it’s not bad for appraisers and small firms),
- A 2-minute update on potential “fix-it” legislation relating to AB 5, and
- The most important thing that every California appraiser can do in 2020 in every appraisal report of every type (whether residential, commercial, lending or non-lending) to avoid liability.
The webinar will last approximately 45 minutes and end with live electronic Q&A. Registration is free.
If you are a California appraiser, please be sure to check out these two special legal resources for you:
- My online class “Appraiser Liability 101” – it’s a 4-hour online CE seminar for appraisers approved for credit in CA (and also OR, WA, HI, AR and MO). In January and February, the $60 price includes a free copy of my book Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms.
- “Appraiser Law” is a legal plan I have crafted for California (and Washington) appraisers. The concept is to bring first-class legal counsel to appraisers at a very affordable cost. It enables appraisers to get legal counsel from me for a long list of legal issues related to appraisal work and operating small appraisal firms. Please read about it on www.appraiserlaw.com and find out how you can say “Peter Christensen is my lawyer.”
Thank you, Peter Christensen