How do deals come together for the sale of appraisal firms and appraisal management companies? Many of the biggest deals have resulted from the work of my investment banking friends John Guzzo and Jason White at the firm Berkery, Noyes & Co., LLC. So, it was fun to write an article with them about the topic for the Appraisal Institute’s current issue of Valuation magazine.
If you’re involved in valuation or other related services, you’ve probably read about a lot of the mergers and acquisitions handled by Berkery Noyes – recent examples:
- United States Appraisals acquired by Stewart Lending Services,
- ProTeck also acquired by Stewart Lending Services,
- ComplianceEase acquired by SitusAMC,
- Guideline AMC acquired by Nationwide Property & Appraisal Services,
- LandMark acquired by Class Valuation.
The list goes on, and there are more deals to come.
As for smaller true appraisal firms, I’ve personally seen a lot of recent interest in transactions there too over the last couple years. The article “Saying Good Buy” is here.