I am offering my new 7-hour CE class Appraiser Law in the Real World on April 21, 2023, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Coast Inn at Lake Hood in Anchorage, Alaska. The offering of this class is specifically and only for Alaska appraisers. It has been submitted to the Alaska Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers for CE approval. The course fee is $145.
Using interesting real-world cases, I’ll give appraisers the straight scoop on key legal concepts, laws and current issues affecting appraisal practice. I’ll help you understand and prevent professional liability and share information from my hands-on work defending appraisers against negligence and discrimination claims.
The seminar answers questions like:
- What’s the most important language in your appraisal report – in relation to potential liability?
- What are the most important limiting conditions to include in a report?
- Where can you find a good sample engagement agreement for non-lending work?
- Do limitations of liability really work?
- What are the most common reasons appraisers are sued?
- How have appraisers found themselves as the targets of investigations alleging discrimination?
All Alaska appraisers are welcome! If you are insured by LIA for E&O, however, you become eligible for a discount on your premium of $70 if your per claim limit is $500,000 or higher, or $40 if your limit is lower. That discount applies to your E&O payments to LIA (it’s not taken on the class).
To sign up and pay for class registration, please this payment link (the name to be entered is the name on your credit card – please email me if the student has a different name)):
If that payment link does not function for you or you want to register multiple appraisers, please use my law firm payment page and enter $145 for each appraiser you are registering:
If you need to cancel, please let me know and you will receive a full refund.
Questions? Please email me [email protected]