Recent Publications by Peter Christensen
- Book, Risk Management for Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Firms, Appraisal Institute, to be published Summer 2019.
- “Liability Risks for Appraisers in Condemnation,” The Appraisal Journal, Appraisal Institute, Fall 2018.
- “Double Trouble: How Risky are Hybrid Appraisals, and Where Do the Hazards Lurk?” Valuation Magazine, 3rd Quarter 2018.
- “Myth Buster: Don’t Believe These Four Appraiser Liability Myths,” Valuation Magazine, 2nd Quarter 2018.
- “Indemnity 101: Shifting the Risk of Professional Negligence,” Right of Way Magazine, Nov./Dec. 2017.
- “Engagement Agreements Revisited,” Valuation Magazine, 2nd Quarter 2017.
- “Legal Matters: Whatever Happened to Those Three Big Appraisal Liability Cases?” Valuation Magazine, 2nd Quarter 2017.
- “Averting Professional Liability Claims,” Right of Way Magazine, Nov./Dec. 2016.
Recent Presentations by Peter Christensen
- “Hybrid Appraisal Liability Issues,” The Appraisal Foundation, Arlington, VA, June 2018.
- “Residential Real Estate Appraising: Hot Legal Issues,” National Association of Realtors, Webinar, July 2018.
- “Shining a Light on Dark Box Theory” (property tax legal issues relating to big box retail sites), with Leslie P. Sellers, MAI, SRA and Paula K. Konikoff, JD, MAI, Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, July 2018.
- “Real Estate Appraisal Liability and Risk Issues,” Farm Credit System Review, Audit and Appraisal Workgroup, Annual RAAW Conference, San Diego, CA, August 2018.
- “California Residential Appraising: Hot Legal Issues,” Residential Symposium, Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, Cerritos, CA, May 2018.
- “Appraisal Management Compliance – Legal Risks,” Collateral Risk Network, Pittsburgh, PA, June 2018.
- “Hot Legal Issues for Northwest Appraisers,” Appraisers Coalition of Washington, Annual Conference, Tacoma, WA, August 2018.